Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Sacrament is always great on Mother's Day! The youth bore their testimonies and said thank you to their moms for all they do. In between Sacrament and Gospel Doctrine Class, the youth passed out bookmarks and Hershey bars! The bookmarks say, "Righteous women have changed the course of history and will continue to do so, and their influence will spread and grow exponentially throughout the eternities."-Julie B. Beck (she currently serves as a Relief Society Gen. President.) I felt honored to receive one even though I am not a mother. According to Kent and Elle (Krissy), I am a great aunt who is almost like a mommy. They gave me lotion from Bath and Body Works. It's scent is warm vanilla sugar and almost makes me want to lick myself because it smells so good!

My mom's choice for a family Mother's Day dinner was halibut, rice pilaf, and salad (for those who eat salad). Dylan and Krissy were in charge of cooking. We all enjoyed Dylan's tartar sauce. We each shared a memory of our mother's. My dad remembered my grandma putting comet into a pot of spaghetti instead of Parmesan cheese since they both have green containers. My memory was of reading James and the Giant Peach by Ronald Dahl. Before and after my spinal fusion, she read this book to me. I don't remember the plot of this book, but I do remember falling in and out of consciousness as she read. Many times I woke up and would ask "Why did you stop reading?" She would patiently start reading once again. You are great; I love you, Mom!

No comments: