Thursday, April 8, 2010

Movie Roundup

The beginning of the year I am always sick, therefore my voice recognition program does not work well enough for me. A frustrated Kelly does not make a pleasant Kelly! I decided to summarize some of the movies I've watched so far this year...

dragon How to Train Your Dragon

This is my first "late night" movie of 2010! I went with Krissy and her children to the Wolford Heights theater on free popcorn night. When Krissy told me the name of the film, I thought it sounded like it was X-rated. Krissy assured me it was rated PG. I thought there were unnecessary political parallels, but my sisters did not see my crazy political commentary. Elle and Kent were fun to watch during the movie. Kent would did this "cute" little whine whenever he had to share MY soda! According to Elle, the movie was only "a little scary."

Dear JohnDJ_IT_1Sht_18

Dear John has two combinations that are impossible not to enjoy, a Nicholas Sparks' storyline and Channing Tatum! The book is better, but the movie has Tatum. The Kent girls were the only ones in the theater besides one older lady (I'll call her Bertha). Since we were the only ones there, Bertha felt so emotionally connected to the movie that she would say things like "this is just like the story of my son", "I used to have that same wallpaper", or "after all these years, she hasn't gained any weight. After the movie was over, my dad arrived to pick us up. Of course, he was fake sobbing when he came into the theater. Later my mom ran into Bertha who asked, "Who was that heartless man?"

500 Days of SummerFive_hundred_days_of_summer

Narrator: "This is a story of boy meets girl. But you should know up front, this is not a love story."

I wanted to see this movie in the theater, but I don't think it ever came to Bakersfield. It was very cute, funny, and original. I highly recommend it! Best line: "Darling... I don't know how to tell you this, but... there's a Chinese family in our bathroom".

Leap YearLeap_year_poster

Amy Adams is always adorable! My mom and I liked this chick flick. There were moments boredom, but over all it was good.

No comments: