Thursday, June 10, 2010

Remaining positive

I am now officially 26 years old. It felt just like every other day. Nothing too exciting, except I received this funny card in the mail. Wendy turned it intobdaycard a birthday card, since it was the only card that could make her laugh. Her birthday cards have become something of a tradition. They are always very funny! When I turned 21, she gave me a card with nuns on the front. The inside said something like "the nuns will be busy praying for you on your birthday." It sucks getting older sometimes. I just finished The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. My reply to Nicole's question regarding my liking of the book was "Holy cow, they remained so positive when life was horrible!" The book encouraged me to remain positive even when you are having a "no-good-very-bad-day." The book also encouraged me to pray for everything (even the bad stuff), trust in the Lord, study the Scriptures, stand true to your values, and to forgive everyone.

1 comment:

Wendy Adams said...

Ah, you put my card on your blog! I feel honored! Now that I'm a minor internet celebrity, I think I'm going to have to get botox and go to rehab... Also, I love your pic with Edward from Twilight. You forgot to tell me about your torrid affair! =)