Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In the Garden

I went to the most upbeat memorial service today. christ Wally Hyer, an older man from my church, was laid to rest in the cemetery in Kernville. He was such a happy man who lived such a great life. His daughter and son sang "In The Garden," and I really felt inspired by the words:
Verse 1:
I come to the garden alone,
while the dew is still on the roses.
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
the Son of God discloses.
Chorus:
And He walks with me,
and He talks with me,
and He tells me I am His own;
and the joy we share as we tarry there,
none other has ever known.
Verse 2:
He speaks and the sound of His voice,
is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
and the melody that He gave to me
within my heart is ringing.
Chorus
Verse 3:
I’d stay in the garden with Him
though the night around me be falling,
but He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.
Chorus

No comments: